Saturday, February 18, 2017

New Work: 12 x 12 x 12 February 2017




12 x 12 x 12 February 2017 was created with monoprinted construction fence fabric, as well as fabric scraps from my Dates in a Life Project. I didn't have a plan when I was working on it. I just played around with different layers of fabric and paint as I thought of ideas.

I've been in my studio at home for a over a month. Though I wish I had more space, it's working out nicely. I can work whenever I have a few moments or hours, day or night. I'm liking it.

This is my eleventh year of working on my 12 x 12 x 12 series. It has given me time to create one 12" x 12" x 1" piece on board each month, no matter how many other things are going on that month. It's been a wonderful opportunity for me to experiment with an idea or technique or a combination of both. Looking back over what I created in the past ten years, some of the pieces have been really good, and others not so much.