Sunday, March 5, 2017

New Work: 12 x 12 x 12 March 2017


12 x 12 x 12 March 2017 was created with scraps from my Dates in a Life Project that were collaged over monoprinted construction fence fabric

Once again I didn't have a plan when I started except that I wanted to use the fabric with the cut out X's. I wasn't planning on using the triangles and circles too, but I'm glad I did. 

All I knew ahead of time is that I wanted to play with different layers of white fabric to see what would happen when applied over the multicolored fabric. I was happy that the white became semitransparent.

Like last month, I decided to highlight the shapes of the construction fence over the main collaged design, but this month I used pencil instead of paint.

I am so enjoying my home studio! The convenience of it is definitely allowing me more creative time with my hectic schedule.

This is my eleventh year of working on my 12 x 12 x 12 series. It has given me time to create one 12" x 12" x 1" piece on board each month, no matter how many other things are going on that month. It's been a wonderful opportunity for me to experiment with an idea or technique or a combination of both. Looking back over what I created in the past ten years, some of the pieces have been really good, and others not so much.