Monday, September 18, 2017

New Work: 12 x 12 x 12 September 2017


The inspiration in creating 12 x 12 x 12 September 2017 was the busy hurricane season the US has been having recently, as well as my interest in incorporating construction fence imagery in my artwork.

It was created with a piece of fabric that had monoprinted "holes" in a large square shaped construction fence (as opposed to the texture of the grid of the fence which I usually do), collaged acrylic skins of photos of the top of a roll of construction fencing (the swirling round imagery), and paint.

I've been working on my 12 x 12 x 12 series since January 2007. It has given me time to create one 12" x 12" x 1" piece on board each month, no matter how many other things are going on that month. It's a wonderful opportunity for me to experiment with an idea or technique or a combination of both. This series is really about experimentation and creating something on a regular basis, no matter what else is going on in my life. Sometimes I like a piece, and sometimes not.